Tuesday 28 April 2015

New beginnings

After the bike ride, I found it hard to get motivated to do very much riding or running. Some family issues were a distraction as well and by March it was all rather stop-start.  The fund-raising is nearly done and we're a couple of hundred pounds short of the £5k target, which I'd hoped to reach by the end of April.  People have been very generous and I wasn't keen on asking the same people yet again so Judy and I will be spending a couple of days at the Castle Combe Steam Rally (May 30 and 31), selling very special items whose value may not be immediately obvious to all but will, we hope, be happily rehomed by the close of the rally.

In January I made a list of things I wanted to do by the end of 2015: big or small challenges to stop me getting into a rut. Among other things I planned to knit myself a sweater (started four times, became a cardigan and will now wait until cooler weather), go dancing twelve times (ten times to date), go to Upfest or another festival (I tend to avoid crowds), go camping (daunting in so many ways, drive for more than an hour, see a friend I've known since ee were seven (she lives in Morecambe so I might combine that and the driving one) and to finish the fund-raising.

I bought tickets to the Kaiser Chiefs gig at the Harbourside, thinking that if the crowds got too much I could get out easily.  An email last week has blasted that into insignificance when I opened it to read that I'd won tickets to the Latitude Festival.

crowds
camping

driving

They should all be ticked by the end of July.


I now need to learn How to Go To a Festival. Am I excited? Just a tiny bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment